Viljad on valminud! Tree goats

January 4th, 2007 by Remo Savisaar | Filed under Uncategorized .

Meie nopime puu otsast õunu, pirne, ploome jms – marokolased aga kitsi! :p

Kitsed ronivad puu otsa argani pähkleid sööma, mida marokolased kasutavad õli tegemiseks. These goats climb the tree to get at the argo nuts used by moroccans to make oil.

PS This photo is real, like it was. Nothing added.

13.Jan: I changed photos to low-res files, because of the very high traffic

79 Responses to “Viljad on valminud! Tree goats”

1. Kätlin says:

irw, päris naljakas

2. Anonymous says:

This photo is fantastic! I had no idea goats climbed trees at all. Thank you for sharing it!Ann

3. Anonymous says:

Yikes! Look at that guy on the top!

4. Anonymous says:

The poor fella is just hungry!

5. Anonymous says:

That’s amazing. Sorry for my ignorance but is this normal behavior?

6. Xalem says:

Although I had never heard of goats in trees, goats are climbers. In Canada we have mountain goats, a species of goat that lives high in the rockies. Domestic sheep and goats are raised in rugged hilly terrain where cattle never go.

7. Ravi says:

You guys should watch Nat Geo, Discovery and Animal Planet more often. These goats are also very common in north-western India. What a bummer!Ravi.ps: don’t bother replying to this, as I won’t be surfing by at all again.

8. Mart says:

good for you, mr raviis there anything else you can do besides watching tv and surfing the net plus compensating your low self-esteem with trolling comments?

9. krevett says:

alguses vaatasin wtf puuma või keegi on korjused puu otsa jätnud, mõistus keeldus aktsepteerimast seda, et kitsed puu otsa ronivad :)

10. Anonymous says:

Beyond unbelievable and remarkable.http://www.glendalegolfs.com

11. Anonymous says:

Looks like a bunch of BS to me. That goat is out on the limb and it’s not even bending…riiight.

12. Anonymous says:

…is that goat out on the limb three legged?…

13. Anonymous says:

Ravi,shut the fuck up…I watch plenty of “Nat Geo”, Discovery & Animal Planet & haven’t come across a special about tree goats. I’m not saying they don’t exist, what I am saying is that you can’t learn everything from the T.V. …PS: You’ll be back…

14. Erko H. says:

to tsap: Remo blogi on juba ammu kuulus ;)to others: that’s one tough tree right there, how the heck do these branches withstand the weight of those goats. I bet those guys under the tree are hoping that the climbers drop most of their loot.

15. Anonymous says:

are you crazy? it’s obvious that this is just a poorly photoshopped image.

16. Anonymous says:

I bet he did some photoshopping yes, like sharpening or levels, but I’m sure the goats are for real.You can even buy tree goat t-shirts ;) http://www.cafepress.com/rghstore.98689455

17. Kätlin says:

well, i’m not crazy and these goats are for real

18. tanel says:

Päris naljkad pildid :DMa vaatasin, et sul on täna minigi üle 40 tuhande külastaja käinud.

19. Anonymous says:

tree goats may be real but this picture is obviously a fake. the goat on the far right could not be standing on that branch. In addition to that there are no signs of stress on that branch at all especially for how far that goat is on that limb. nice fake tho, you fooled alot of people.

20. Anonymous says:

I Wonder if tree goats taste any better…

21. Greg Laden says:

I’ve seen this quite often, though this is a particularly startling example.There are two things going on here. One, the ground is HOT. Two, there is food up in those trees. So, the goats climb off the hot ground up to where there is some food. …Plus they like to have their pictures taken….:)

22. Mary says:

<>tree goats may be real but this picture is obviously a fake<>Hahahah. No. ..This picture is beautiful, surreal, and made my whole morning.

23. krevett says:

haha, eriti ulme lumepall veerema hakanud – varsti iga pildi juures 24/7 jututuba :D

24. Anonymous says:

Omfg… Goats can climb trees??Next thing: riding a bike. :Dhttp://www.ondmis.dk

25. Anonymous says:

<>Look at the shadows. The goat on the far right limb has no shadow. gg. <>

26. Anonymous says:

What the hell?

27. Mie says:

Fake:Look at the direction of :1. Branch – down left front -> up right back 2. Goat – left back -> right front.It cannot stand on that branch that way.

28. Remo says:

sellist populaarsust, et 53 tuhat külastust 24 jooksul, ei oleks küll nendele kitse piltidele oodanud :p

29. Anonymous says:

aga pilt on võlts või mitte nagu mõned arvavad?Ise arvan, et tõsi ikka

30. Anonymous says:

pildid peaks ikka õiged olema,vaadake nt seda lehte:http://www.the-tree.org.uk/SpecialBranch/InTree/goats.htmja see suur külastuste arv tuleneb sellest, et sinu blogi on igasugustele lehtedele üles pandud. Nt digg.com; http://j-walkblog.com/ jt

31. Anonymous says:

Mina usun küll, et need pildid on tõelised, kunagi oli ETVst isegi dokk sellistest kitsedest. Ise ka imestasin, et kuidas nad sinna otsa küll saavad, aga muudkui ronisid. Ilmselt oksad on tegelikult kitsede all paindus ja tegelikult on see puu hoopis püstisem. Pildis see lihtsalt ei kajastu. Kokkuvõttes ma ei usu, et Remo hakkaks photoshopis kitsi okstele kleepima. No milleks küll?

32. Remo says:

anom: ma olen täitsa kursis, kust tullakse jne – selle kannab mulle ette põhjalik statistika.Statistika näitab, et link nendele fotodele on vähemalt 30nes suuremas portaalis, foorumis.Esimesena tuldi Soome foorumist, edasi digg, redd, seejärel juba USA, Hollandi, Hungari, Kreeka, Taani, Vene jms portaalid.Muidugi ei ole need fotod võltsitud – kõik on nii nagu oli.Arvan, et need pildid ei tekita imestust üheski inimeses, kes Marokos käinud.See pidavat seal tavaline olema. Endal õnnestus seda seal vaid ühel korral näha.Vaatamata sellele, et olin analoogset hetke ka varem fotolt näinud, oli reaalne kohtumine ningselle nägemine elamus omaette :) Hiljem sama kohta läbides, olid kitsed sealt juba kadunud.

33. Remo says:

I think it’s enough of that fake talk now.These pictures are not fake and from now on – every comment about fake -> <>will get deleted<>.Enough is enough.

34. metskuts says:

Ei teki mingit kahtlust fotode ehtsuses. Ka meie kodukitsed on väga osavad turnijad. Puu otsas neid näinud ei ole aga päris sünge on vaadata kui mõni neist kivihunniku kõige kõrgemal nukil, neli jalga praktiliselt ühes punktis, ümbrust takseerib.

35. Dubai Boy says:

wow! simply wow!

36. Cid Young says:

I have two pet goats here in Moss Beach, CA. They love to leap atop my husband’s sculpture in their yard. Drivers going by our house will often stop, back up, get out of their car & take photos! One goat (Our Angora, Mathilde)was even featured in the Half Moon Bay Review Magazine,once. Goats love to be “top dog” on the pinnicle of any structure. My goats have no trees in their yard, becuase they stripped off all of the bark and ate the lower limbs so the tree died.

37. 0100000101010111 says:

Some breeds of goats can walk ACROSS 90 degree angled cliffs with ease, so I wouldn’t be surprised that these ones can climb this tree.I don’t know why people are so dismissive of this as being a fake.

38. dr. gonzo says:

Anyway, how would anyone who said it is fake because the branches aren’t bent know that the branches aren’t bent? There is no way to tell from this photo what the tree looked like before the goats climbed it.

39. Anonymous says:

Not surprising – I spent 6 months deployed to Djibouti and the goats there climbed trees. With little ground cover available the upperr branches of the trees became a primary food source. The goats weren’t very large anyway.

40. Anonymous says:

No big surprise here. I recently returned from North Africa and saw lots of goats up trees in Morocco beside the road between Essaouira and Marrakech.

41. Moloko Plus says:

How do they… with the hoofs and things… eh?

42. Anonymous says:

I know that these photos are real. I saw goats doing exactly this when I was on holiday in Morocco.

43. Triptrap says:

It is possible to fake such a picture in Photoshop, but why would someone go to such lengths as to get images of the same goat from different angles to use in the different shots? (The goat on the right limb).Tree goats are cool, non-believers are not.

44. Anonymous says:

this is the second time I’ve heard people surprised at the fact that goats can climb trees. No offense, but are people on the internet really that stupid? How can you not know about this? To me I always seemed this was like just… accepted knowledge. Sure they look kinda awesome up there, but it’s not that amazing.

45. luci says:

awesome,love it!this madeit to the news in new zealand tonight!!excellent

46. Anonymous says:

this also proves that goats are masters of balance.